Safety Compliance For Window Cleaning and Fall Protection – OSHA, ANSI, BOCA and related requirements for Building Owners and Contractors
As an innovative industry leader, we work with project engineers, building owners and their agents to assure compliance with OSHA regulations, but also to anticipate solutions for the new requirements using the latest technology in anchorages and fall protection and testing.
The latest OSHA update for Fall Protection (CFR 1910 Subpart D- Walking and Working Surfaces) and the new BOCA codes on installing, testing and re-certifying anchorages and davits arms, have many building owners’ heads spinning. We are here to help, with a track record that draws on over 3 decades of both technical and practical experience.
OSHA and ANSI Window Cleaning Codes & Standards
- OSHA 1910 Changes for Building Managers & Owners An overview of OSHA’s 1910 Final Rule changes and how it affects building owners, managers, and window cleaning contractors.
- OSHA Fact Sheet Summary of OSHA’s 1910 Final Rule changes.
- Walking-Working Surfaces and Personal Protective Equipment (Fall Protection Systems) Link to OSHA 1910 Final Rule, effective January 17, 2017.
- Creating a Compliant Fall Protection and Fall Arrest Plan for 2019 and Beyond
- ANSI/IWCA I-14 Window Cleaning Standard A guide for window cleaners, regulatory agencies, manufacturers, architects, consultants, designers and building owners.
- Roof Anchors for Facade Access by G. Cohen and R. Larson
- RDS vs IRAS IWCA request for OSHA interp 2/1/18
- OSHA Subpart D Fact Sheet Nov. 2016
- OSHA Interpretation for Testing Anchors 8/10/2000
- OSHA Interp Letter Extending Anchor Testing 12/1/17
- OSHA 29 CFR Part 1910 Subpart D Final Rule 2016 24557
- IWCA Position Statement Re Osha 1910 Subpart D
- Federal OSHA 1910 Subpart D Reopens July 31 2003
- Chicago Municipal Code For Permanent Window Washing Platforms Permits Inspections 9/1/2015
- ANSI I 14 Excerpts For Building Owners and Managers 2002
- IWCA Req OSHA To Extend November 2017 Deadline
- OSHA 5,000 Lbs. Load Interpretation Letter 1999
- OSHA 1910 2017 Updates IWCA Position 5/5/2017
Technical Resources, Guidelines for Architectural Glass Maintenance and Restoration
White Papers on Architectural Flat Glass and Glass Corrosion
- Construction Site Protection and Maintenance of Architectural Glass GANA bulletin (pdf)
- Silicate Deposits or Effloressence on Architectural glass (pdf)
- IWCA Press release on ASTM glass cleaning standards (pdf)
- Technical analysis of Silicate deposits on Architectural Flat glass (pdf)
Architectural Metal and Stone Technical Papers
- Technical Paper on Architectural Aluminum (pdf)
- Technical Paper on Stainless Steel (pdf)
- Technical Paper on Bronze and Brass Restoration (pdf)
We pride ourselves on providing economical solutions and answers for all your technical questions regarding all types of glass, metal or stone restoration.